Wednesday 25 June 2014

Hard Surface Weapon


This was our first formative for hard surface weapons. It is a W.I.P due to the fact that we will be using them in our end of year portfolio. So all the formatives I have previously been posting will change over the duration of the year and I will be updating them.

So I decided to make a Winchester Shotgun which was used in World War 2. 
Here is my reference images. 

For this I had to make separate pieces for my model, previously I had tried to bake my normals from my high poly to my low just as one piece but that didn't turn out as well as I had thought out. So I pretty much had to separate the pieces such as the barrel of the shotgun, stock etc.
After that I exported each piece ( high and low poly) and used X normals to generate the normal maps. Using Photoshop adjusted the normal maps of each to align with the UV's.



  
I will be going back over this to fix any texture issues or even go over it again entirely depending on what new techniques we learn during the year. But as of now I'm quite pleased with the result......so far.

I am also thinking of using this weapon for our first person shooter animation which will consist of a reload animation, an idle etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment