Wednesday 25 June 2014

GA2A03_RTA ( REAL TIME ANIMATION )


So for this formative we had to create a 3D environment animation according to the following specifications.

Development Specifications
1. break object into elements for animation
2. Create an idle, an active, a Deactivate and 2 fidgets
animation should be all in one file
3. Render out the animation 320x240

So the environment prop I made was a gas mask keeping to the theme of World War 2.



As for the Normals this was my very first attempt at modelling in Z brush and retopologizing my low poly and transferring that into Maya. As a result my normal maps didn't really come out the way I had hoped. There was issues with stretching but over all it the end product was mainly for animation purposes.  



Animation
My idea for the model was that it would be an item you pick up in game. So as the player clicks onto the item it plays the short animation and get put into inventory.


No comments:

Post a Comment